1. Welcome to eNucleus - A Forum for Everything Outdoors

eN was devised as a communication and resource tool and Forum by a group who have an interest in :

Geocaching - Hunting & Fishing - Hiking & Camping - Bushcraft - Preparation & Survival

If you have a passion for all things outdoors then this may be the place for you

We welcome you to take a moment to register and start participating.

Click here to sign-up!

Keeping tools and weapons clean and maintained

Discussion in 'Knives, Multi-Tools and EDC (Every Day Carry)' started by M8, Sep 17, 2013.

1. M8

M8 New Member

I just finished wiping down my knifes and guns with gun oil, where I live it gets extremely humid and we all know what moisture does to metal. I try to do this 3 or 4 times a year but to be honestly I'm happy if I do it 2 times a year just because life gets hectic and I'm very good at procrastinating. I just wasn't there to remind anyone like me to keep your tools maintained. I hope everybody is having a wonderful week so far.

2. aka fusion

aka fusion Admin Staff Member eN Team

Extremely important to maintain your weapons and tools
    I know I left an air rifle in the garage and forgot to oil it first, when I had it out of the bag a few months later the barrel and silencer was pitted. I was not happy but it was my fault

3. Ryan Banman

Ryan Banman Member eN Team

Ya I know what you mean Fushion. I have a bullet loading press, and it got wet from a water leak in my house. I didn't take care of it as I should have. It had rust pits on it, so I had to fix it after. It's a lot easier to maintain something that's kept well,instead of having to fix something that neglected

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe New Member

Hey guys, what KIND of oil is best for oiling different metals. I know that for guns there is arasol cans of gun oil, but what about blades? Or other tools. Can you use natural oils? Like olive oil, vegtable oil, coconut, etc.