1. Welcome to eNucleus - A Forum for Everything Outdoors

eN was devised as a communication and resource tool and Forum by a group who have an interest in :

Geocaching - Hunting & Fishing - Hiking & Camping - Bushcraft - Preparation & Survival

If you have a passion for all things outdoors then this may be the place for you

We welcome you to take a moment to register and start participating.

Click here to sign-up!

4.25l dutch oven

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by aka fusion, Jan 30, 2015.

1. aka fusion

aka fusion Admin Staff Member eN Team

So last week I had a bit of luck whilst checking out eBay and managed to grab a 4.25l Dutch oven.

IMG_20150123_181743.jpg

For the family I think I need the next size up as well, so will be keeping my eyes open for the 8l one.
    The price was good so happy start, good delivery as well. Will update the post later with eBay shop details.
    Anyhow, tomorrow will be the day to clean it down and season it......there's a few different guides and videos available.
    Pretty much settled on using vegetable oil......looking forward to cooking some tasty meals on it.

Geodoc likes this.
  2. larry Fields

larry Fields New Member

What brand is it? May I ask how much is it? I ask for a reason. There is a chain of hardware stores in the southern part of the United States called Agri-supply and they carry any size of ( I mean anything!) cookware you can imagine at darn good prices! Check them out on the Web. I have purchased 3different sized frying pans including what my mom called a "chicken fryer", two deep frying pans( sits on two burners--) that we only use for like big gatherings to cook large amounts of something in, 4 different size dutch ovens, 2 with legs for outdoor use 2 without for indoor use. I even have a cast iron griddle!
    There prices are just too good to pass up( I stay about 2 miles from my local store). I do not know about costs online or anything, but there stuff is a lot cheaper than LODGE brand, and is just as good a quality product.

aka fusion likes this.
  3. aka fusion

aka fusion Admin Staff Member eN Team

Im not actually sure of the brand, but im located in the UK and we don't have the greatest ranges available.
    I need to look a bit more to find out brand wise - but i definitely need the larger size as well

4. larry Fields

larry Fields New Member

Anything I can do to help let me know.

aka fusion likes this.